Wednesday 4 February 2009

NHS and prayer

There is a nurse in Britain that is facing the sack because she asked a patient if they wanted her to pray for them (It's against NHS policy for a health care professional to promote their religious beliefs) The patient decline her offer but it was a fellow nurse that reported her. Personally I feel that she in no way deserves the sack, sure she broke the rules but suspension should be enough. If I was the patient I would not be offended if a nurse offerd to pray for me, I would decline the offer but would feel comforted that someone cared enough to ask. I have on at least 2 occasions been offended by a prayer offer but the situations were very different. When someone offers to pray for you because they disagree with your sexuality or your choice of religion then you have every right to get offended. But this situation with the nurse is so different. I hope she keeps her job.

No comments: